Subject: Re: Netscape, where can a port be found?
To: Abraham J. Stephens <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/1998 15:41:35
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Abraham J. Stephens wrote:

: 	Hmm, the FreeBSD binaries I have of 4.5 (on an i386) are crashing
: right and left.. I've had it for about a hour... Anyway thanks for your
: help, I'll look into recompiling when I'm in the office on Monday...

Actually, the bsdi (1.1, NOT 2.0) binaries are rock solid for me - or at
least, they were when my i386 box worked.  :>

For sparc, if you can get your hands on a SunOS /usr/lib/libc.s[ao].1.9,
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1.0, and /usr/lib/ld.so, put those in /emul/sunos/usr/lib
and you'll have a working netscape_dns binary.  The SunOS 4.x bin is far
more stable than the Solaris one.  (From experience running the bins
actually on Solaris.  ;)