Subject: Re: Netscape, where can a port be found?
To: None <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/1998 08:00:25
> Where can I find a port of Netscape (4.x) for a sparc?  I have found SunOS
> binaries, but I don't have the required libraries to execute them.

The only "port" of Netscape 4.x to a SPARC is Netscape's own binaries, which
you've already found.  (Perhaps you were thinking of a native Mozilla 5.0
port?)

Which "required libraries" don't you have?  Did you set up your system as per
compat_sunos(8)?  Or do you not have any access at all to a SunOS box to
grab the 3 libraries from in order to populate /emul/sunos/usr/lib with?
You only need libc.so.1.9, libc.sa.1.9 and libdl.so.1.0 from a SunOS 4.1.3_U1
system to run the SunOS Netscape binary.

(Followups redirected to port-sparc)

	- Greg