Subject: Re: top
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/1998 08:11:09
On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 11:52:05AM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:

> I'm afraid I already tried that: before rebuilding I had a message
> from libkvm saying it couldn't find pread ? (from memory). Just in
> case, I rebuilt top, rebuilt the kernel, rebooted, rebuilt top and
> still get
>
> % top
> top: kvm_read for _cnt: Bad address

This was precisely the message I got when I was transitioning over to
using UVM.

Do you have UVM and PMAP_NEW turned on in your kernel config? Have you done
a "make build" or the equivalent (minimally with a "make cleandir") with

UVM=yes
PMAP_NEW=yes

in /etc/mk.conf?

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments