Subject: Re: Problems mounting filesystems - 1.3.2
To: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/1998 16:42:14
On Jul 14, Gerald C. Simmons wrote
> Guenther Grau wrote:
> > NFS, by default, no longer accepts mount requests from insecure
> > ports, i.e. from ports above 1024. I don't know if this is the
> > case for Hummingbird. Try disabling this feature in the
> > NetBSD server.
> >
> >   Guenther
> >

> How do I do this?
>

>From exports(5):
     The -noresvport option specifies that NFS RPC calls for the filesystem do
     not have to come from reserved ports. Normally, clients are required to
     use reserved ports for operations. Using this option decreases the secu­
     rity of your system.

     The -noresvmnt option specifies that mount RPC requests for the filesys­
     tem do not have to come from reserved ports. Normally, clients are re­
     quired to use reserved ports for mount requests. Using this option de­
     creases the security of your system.

So you need to add '-noresvport,-noresvmnt' to you /etc/export line.