Subject: Re: Console messages in X
To: Abraham J. Stephens <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@colltech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/1998 15:13:47
If your using xdm:
Make sure that the xdm startup script chown's the console to the user. (and
the reset script chown it back to root.) Then run the command xconsole.

If your logging in at the console prompt:
You should have access to /dev/console, so this should not be a problem.

Ron

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:55:50 -0400 (EDT) "Abraham J. Stephens"
<stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org> wrote:

> Hi I have an IPX running 1.3.2, I do most of my work through Xsun and KDE,
> heres the problem. When I'm in X all my console messages (ie errors, inetd
> messages, other such stuff) appears on the bottom of the desktop out of
> thin air.  This makes a mess of all the windows on that desktop and forces
> a user to refresh the desktop every couple minutes. (I'm afraid of what
> will happen if we move more major services to the system.)
> Any suggestions?
>

> 	      Abraham J. Stephens
> 		  DIRECTOR SIS
> 	stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org