Subject: Re: More on the gui install thing.
To: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/1998 10:34:38
Requiring a CD-ROM was just one *possible* constraint that we *might* put on
a system in order to support a GUI install, as opposed to a simple
ASCII-interface install. It's a little hard to stuff an X distribution on a
1.4MB floppy, for example (which is not to say that X is our only choice for
GUI; it's merely in common use, and is, unfortunately, Large).

The NetBSD Project has always been pretty sensitive to running on minimal
hardware; I don't think you have anything to fear about being left behind.
However, there are limits to what can be done in such a context. So long as
you accept those limits, and what we all can do within them, then we're all
happy.

	Erik E. Fair	fair@clock.org