Subject: Re: gui install system
To: None <nick.maniscalco@alfalaval.com>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1998 15:25:00
nick.maniscalco@alfalaval.com wrote:
[...more on gui install proposal deleted...]
>      I havn't doen much programming in X so does anyone have an
>      reccomendations as far as what tool kits to use?
>
>      I think gtk might be a good one.  Any thoughts on using  Tcl/Tk?

I haven't done any programming using gtk. Is it an X-toolkit, i.e.
is it a c-API? Or is it a seperate (scripting) language? I'd suggest
using
a scripting language like Tcl/Tk or perl/tk. It's faster to develop,
easier to maintain, easier to interface with existing programs
and speed is not an issue when installing. You also might want to have
a look at what others like FreeBSD or RedHat have done.

Just MHO,

  Guenther