Subject: Re: gui install system
To: None <nick.maniscalco@alfalaval.com>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1998 14:30:07
nick.maniscalco@alfalaval.com wrote:
[... gui install proposal deleted...]
>      Anyway if people are interested in this I would like to know.  As for
>      the gui I think gtk would make a nice widget set for such a task.
>      Opinions on this?

Great idea. The only problem is, that it is _extremly_ difficult to
build a gui that works on all NetBSD platforms. Besides that building
install tools is a mess as there are so many differen configurations out
there
that need to be taken care of.

The only way to takle this problem is by just starting and improving
it over and over again due to user feedback :-)

I am, and I guess lots of others are, all for it. So please, go for it
:-)

  Guenther