Subject: Re: Kernel configuration [2]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1998 11:10:48
> Hum, well, giving some other filename for them shouldn't be that
> difficult. .-) Although there _should_ probably be a GENERIC config file
> there, anyways... i guess that's experimental ports (yet).

To be fair, putting another name in is pretty trivial, but I've just got
ls /sys/arch/*/conf/GENERIC piped to the rest of it for simplicity at the
mo.  I haven't really checked which files should be used for the others.
Since I've had another mail referring to this as well, I'll go and sort it
now, although the selection of which file to use in place of GENERIC could
be fairly arbitrary...

> Hum, that'll require X again...
> Is there some toolkit that gives you an X user interface as well as a
> curses interface, without too much effort?

The reason I was looking at ways of doing X was because someone else
suggested it.  However, at the mo, of course, it's available to X and
non-X alike (via lynx).  I'll look into the other interface methods soon.
(Although I'm hoping to avoid programming in anything that requires a
compiler ;-)  At the moment it's all just sh & awk.

Have fun,
David.