Subject: Re: Upgrade steps from 1.3 -> -current needed.
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1998 16:08:16
According to Jukka Marin:

>On Thu, Jun 25, 1998 at 04:05:16PM -0700, David Brownlee wrote:
>
>> 	Some while back someone had a script that would ask questions and
>> 	generate a config file - this would certainly be a real help for
>> 	a lot of  users...

Glub - I am afraid that was me.  At the moment it has been sidelined
due to other priorities but I may see my way to get back to it RSN.

>Hmm, a menu driven hierarchial program might be nice.

Exactly what I had in mind but I was thinking more of associating
various kernel variables, where appropriate, with the hardware
(e.g. if you have a network card you get asked about the networky type
defines).  I have cut some code on this but it is all background stuff
that allows Those Who Know (tm) to tell the configuration writer (I
called it abc - Automated Builder of Configs) what is associated with
what and the limits of those settings (if any).

If anyone is at all interested in having a look at what I have done
and where I think I am going they are more than welcome.  Just drop me
an email.

  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
  - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.