Subject: Re: Greg Woods - please fix your mailer!
To: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1998 11:23:49
According to David Maxwell:

>P.S. The world would contain a lot less spam if everyone configured their
>DNS fully/properly and required things like this.

Configuring DNS properly is a Good Thing but I am cynical that it
would stop the spam.  All that would happen is that there will be more
forged email appearing to come from sites that have correctly
configured DNS.  This is already happening.  The war against spam is
an arms race, admins block the current technology so the spammers find
other means to get their %$!@$# useless messages about the lastest
mlm, pyramid scheme or porno site to you.  I hate it.

  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
  - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.