Subject: Re: NATM broken: atm needs-flag vs options NATM
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1998 13:54:20
>> why not just detect NFOO vs FOO conflicts when running config..

>> i.e., if there's a defopt NFOO and a `foo needs-count' or `foo
>> needs-flag', just complain about the conflict..

(This strikes me as a good idea in any case, actually.)

> People still might confuse it in the code.  I'd prefer the _FLAG
> solution or reserving the name space N*.

Actually, it occurs to me that reserving N_* *is* reasonable, and is
only a small change from current practice.

The biggest problem with it - and this applies to the FLAG solution too
- is that it breaks source-level driver compatability with practically
everything other *BSD kernel on the planet.  This may or may not be
considered too big a problem to be ignored - I wonder if we can talk
BSDi and FreeBSD into doing something similar....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca