Subject: pppd/chat hassles
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1998 00:19:52
As if it hasn't been a bad week already... now I need to manually get
my ppp link up using tip, as chat is totally failing to talk to the
modem.  stty -a shows that the speed and everything are set ok...

and of course the link came up fine the other day - kernel,pppd,chat
etc are all exactly the same as they were.

tip,kermit etc all have no problem talking to the modem (at 57600).

I seem to recall discussion of pppd problems recently, perhaps
updating to 1.3.2 would help...  but I don't have the kernel sources
(weren't on my local mirror when I made the tape, and I'd rather not
download it via 28.8 modem :-), can I run a 1.3 kernel with 1.3.2 user
land?

Its an i386, but not sure that matters.

--sjg