Subject: Re: trouble with gnu ar
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1998 14:45:13
On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Antti Kantee wrote:

: Hi, I've been having the following kind of problem ever since the new
: binutils were introduced:

: ar.o: Undefined symbol `_yyparse' referenced from text segment

Make sure that the files /usr/src/gnu/dist/binutils/ar{lex,parse}.c don't
exist.  (arparse.y and arlex.l should, however.)  If either file exists, you
forgot the "delete" flag to sup; there are several files in that directory
that will interfere with building the binutils.

If neither file exists, can you give me the output from "make" in
src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ar, after running "make cleandir" in there?