Subject: Re: CCD mirroring, bogus documentation (was Re: differential scsi controllers)
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1998 11:39:46
"Michael K. Sanders" writes:
> [ port-i386 trimmed ]
> >It is known that CCD mirror doesn't work -- I even believe that Jason
> >was going to yank it out, because he believes his code isn't worth
> >fixing as is. We are now moving towards using RAIDframe for this, or
> >so I am told.
>
> I don't mean to be ungrateful or anything, but if things like this are
> "known", why aren't they documented somewhere?

I believe that the code was in fact pulled, which more or less counts
as documentation, but you are right -- it should be much more
explicitly noted.

> I'll have to look at RAIDframe-- I hadn't heard of it before.

RAIDframe is going to have to be integrated -- it isn't something that
would work without lots of hacking. I believe someone is working on
that, though.

Perry