Subject: Re: differential scsi controllers
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1998 17:40:11
On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Michael K. Sanders wrote:

> In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.980630150000.335B-100000@lyra>, Scott Bartram writes:
> >
> >I saw the message this morning asking about support for differential
> >controllers but saw no reply. Are any supported?
>
> I was asking (on other lists) more for general opinions on the
> benefits of differential SCSI, and if mirrored CCDs were 'safe'.
> According to the i386 supported hardware list, the Adaptec 2944
> differential controller should work fine.  I just picked up 10 4GB
> drives, so it better. ;)

[I deleted your message before responding so I took a guess at the lists]

Thanks for all the replies. I did check the hardware list before sending
mail but the word 'differential' was not found and the 2944 was not
specifically mentioned so I thought I'd better ask before I went out and
bought those Quantum 4GB drives :-)

BTW, does anyone know what chip is on the controller sold by Corporate
Systems Center? The picture is too small to make it out.

http://www.corpsys.com/PAGES/controllers.html

At half the price of the Adaptec, it would be nice if it worked.

---
scott