Subject: Re[2]: Upgrade steps from 1.3 -> -current needed.
To: None <gson@araneus.fi, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nick.maniscalco@alfalaval.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1998 15:54:45
     A great idea!  Hehe, have someone else's machine do my kernel=20
     compiling for me=2E=2E=2E hehehe=2E=2E=2E I like it=2E=2E=2E
    =20
     Hmm=2E=2E=2E needing one box of each type would be a pain thats true=2E=2E=2E=
 what=20
     about cross-compiling with gcc?  never looked into it so I dont really=
=20
     know squat about it=2E=2E=2E
    =20
     This would be quite intensive on resources on the server side im sure=20
     ;)
    =20
     maybe keep a cache of kernels on line so that if you specify options=20
     that someone else has already asked for before, it will just dig it up=
=20
     from the cache instead of re-compiling it from scratch=2E  this would=20=
be=20
     faster and reduce the number of compiles executed=2E
    =20
     Later,
     Nick
    =20