Subject: Re: telnet problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1998 13:51:49
In article <199806300531.BAA29495@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>,
Ken Hornstein  <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> Could you qualify "weird behavior" more exactly?  I'm wondering what

Since hexdump was a red herring, I was waiting to find what was being
received differently. However, the symptom I first noticed was that trn
started beeping at me when I hit return.

> exactly the problems are.  I did have a few problems from older boxes
> back in the 1.1-1.2 timeframe, but -k fixed all of them.  And I never
> saw any NetBSD<->NetBSD problems.  Hmmmm ..... does stty -extproc
> (or stty extproc) do anything for you?

Yep, fixes the problem, at least with trn! So why is this getting set?

I see the problem with netbsd->netbsd, with and without giving telnetd -k.