Subject: Re: telnet problem
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1998 17:54:09
>This client is the one which Stanford pached to do Kerberos. It'll forward
>your tickets (using kftgt I think) for you.

Is this V4 or V5?  I know there are multiple V4 telnet clients for the
Mac, and we have a working V5 one ...

>Plus, for 1.2, it worked with NO change to the telnet client!

Well, I guess the obvious thing to do is get the 1.2 sources and compare,
right?

So, I looked at the 1.2 sources.  state.c has been essentially
unchanged since then, and telnetd in general hasn't really been changed
at all (a few security holes have been fixed by the use of snprintf(),
but nothing really major).  So I don't understand _how_ it could have
worked with 1.2, because AFAICT it was essentially the same telnetd.
Are you sure nothing else has changed on your end?

--Ken