Subject: Re: ISDN TA recommendations?
To: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1998 17:07:50
>Unless you want to play with the low-level ISDN stuff for other reasons,
>using a plain old TA doesn't make much sense any more.

Actually ... I might end up buying some TA's for work, for a dial-in
bank.  The reasoning there is that we need something that can do
Kerberos 5 password authentication for "dumb terminal" service, and you
can buy TA's that do all of the analog modem modulations as well as
ISDN.  So I might end up buying a NetBSD box with one of the high-speed
multiport serial cards and a bunch of TAs (unless someone has better
ideas).  Unfortunately, I can't dedicate some lines to PPP users and
some lines to "dumb terminal" users, so I need everything to be as
flexible as possible.

--Ken