Subject: Re: ISDN TA recommendations?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1998 15:11:16
Erik Fair wrote:
>I've always thought that using a TA instead of a router for [routing IP] was
>silly, because of the interrupt overhead.

Me too. My computers have better things to do than low-level packet routing.
As Ken noted, the price of routers has really dropped, and to me, that's the
Right Way. I personally use and recommend the Bay Networks Netgear RT328...
for $289 from Micro Warehouse, it does everything you could possibly want,
has free 24x7 support, and free software updates for life.

Unless you want to play with the low-level ISDN stuff for other reasons,
using a plain old TA doesn't make much sense any more.