Subject: RPTI EP401 PCMCIA ethernet nic
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1998 16:05:14
This might be interesting for "low-budget laptop users" [like me ;-)] :

I´ve got an old IBM TP360CSE an bought the cheapest PCMCIA ethernet NIC
I found (I paid ~95DM). It was labeled "LinkPro TL-5200" but turned out
to be an "RPTI EP401":

pcmcia1: CIS info: RPTI, EP401 Ethernet NE2000 Combatible, ,
pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0xffffffff, product 0xffffffff

After a few experiments and compiling dozens of kernels I got it work:
The addition of the lines

    { "RPTI EP401",
      PCMCIA_MANUFACTURER_INVALID, PCMCIA_PRODUCT_INVALID,
      "RPTI","EP401 Ethernet NE2000 Compatible", 0,
      -1, { 0x00, 0x40, 0x95 } },

to the ne2000devs array in (...)/sys/dev/pcmcia/if_ne_pcmcia.c
made the kernel to find and enable the card.
(enet_maddr=-1 may be just a hack, but it works for me.)

Bye,
  Thilo Manske.
--
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sendet es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zurück. Danke!