Subject: Re: Upgrade steps from 1.3 -> -current needed.
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1998 04:25:23
Thus spake Jukka Marin
> etc. and the user could enter the menus in any order and change the
> parameters he/she wants.  The program should probably read and write
> kernel config files...

That's what I was thinking.  It could read GENERIC automatically to pick
up basic configuration parameters then optionally load in your own
config to overwrite the GENERIC options with your own.  That way
when new configuration options appear, they automatically get loaded
from the new GENERIC and the new output config would have all your
old options plus the new ones from the new GENERIC.