Subject: Re: ARCHIVE, Python: errors
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/1998 09:42:45
> I plugged my borrowed DDS drive back in, so I now have:
> st0 at scsibus1 targ 4 lun 0: <ARCHIVE, Python 28454-XXX, 4.44> SCSI2 1/sequenti
> st1 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 0: <ARCHIVE, Python 02779-XXX, 6280> SCSI2 1/sequenti

And now find that _both_ tape drives are producing the same errors

Jun 24 09:15:25 zen /netbsd:      Incorrect Length Indicator Set

The Python 28454 has mostly been writing tapes (backups) since I
borrowed it, and has only been used to restore a few files in that
time, so its possible that it has always had this problem - though
I've not seen it.  Certainly it has read this same tape ok while
attached to a Sun at work.

I'll file a PR.

--sjg