Subject: Re: Netscape/Mozilla problem
To: None <gweather@neosoft.com,>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/1998 10:30:27
On Jun 18,  4:30am, George Weatherford wrote:
> I downloaded mozilla-19980429.tgz and tried to run the moz-export.  It
> returned the following message and quit:

  Um, which architecture?

> /usr/libexec/ld.so:Undefined symbol "_XP_NewObserverList" called from
> moz-export:/usr/lib/moxilla/libimg.so.1.0 at 0x842e448

  I get this with the amiga (m68k) version - it's apparently due to moz-export
using the NetBSD libutil.so instead of the mozilla libutil.so.  If I do some
tricks with the share library loading, I am able to have moz-export use the
correct libutil.so.

> I also tried the mozilla-export and it displayed 2 Netscape error
> screens with nothing in them and then did a segmentation fault.

  Several people have had this same problem with the m68k version.  I was
not seeing this on my Amiga 2000 system, but did see it on my Amiga 4000.
I was not using current X libraries, and when I updated libX11.so to the
current version, it wouldn't even run on my A2000 system.  I have not
been sucessful in getting any information where it is getting the segmentation
fault (no core dump generated, and gdb doesn't want to work with it very
well).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu