Subject: Re: 2G JAZ good idea?
To: Michael VanLoon <mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1998 13:01:59
"Michael VanLoon" <mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net> writes:

> So, what do the jaz engineers use, then? :-)

Hard drives I suspect.

The Jaz drive was something that to me at least appears to be thrown
together in response to other companies (Syquest in particular) offerings.
I like the Zip drives I have, but I would never own any of the other
iomega products.  They all seem just too flimsy.

Putting source on a Jaz drive, and rebuilding /usr once or twice will
almost always kill the cartridge.  They were intended for (rather than
marketed as) occasional use media, like image archives and such, not
as replacements for hard drives.

--Michael