Subject: pppd and proxy-arp
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1998 01:49:26
     I've been having a problem with pppd and proxy-arp on every version
of NetBSD that I've used, and I'm wondering if anybody has a solution.
The problem is that when the PPP connection is closed the proxy-arp
entry doesn't go away, so the route that was pointing to the PPP
interface gets changed to point to the main ethernet interface.  This
means the next time somebody dials in and gets that PPP interface, they
don't get any packets.  I'm in the process of replacing an L* box with
a NetBSD box, but I can't do so until this problem is solved.  The L*
box is extremely unstable, but it doesn't have this particular problem.