Subject: Re: 2G JAZ good idea?
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@ox.mines.edu>
From: Michael VanLoon <mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1998 14:39:25
On the other hand, I've had two 1GB jaz drives for almost a year, and
haven't had a single cartridge failure (except for one which has a
sticky door), out of 8 cartridges.

You haven't turned off write-verify have you?  I've found that to be
quite important to reliable operation.  On the other hand, don't expect
these to be as fast as a normal SCSI hard drive with write-verify
enabled.  They're still probably half as fast as a hard drive, which is
pretty good for reliable media.