Subject: Re: Please make it stop..
To: Timothy J Luoma <luomat+NetBSD@luomat.peak.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1998 16:39:09
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

: > This suggestion comes up every time some spam slips through onto these
: > lists, but there are some clear reasons this is probably a bad idea:
:
: Yup, I'm familiar with all these different reasons.
:
: How about requiring that people are sending mail from domains which actually exist?

This is something rather needed at the MTA level.  Under Sendmail 8.9.0
(with all its licensing issues), that is somewhat built-in.  Under 8.8.8, I
have rules available on request that can make use of the RBL
(http://maps.vix.com/rbl/), sender domain verification, and antirelay, all
merged into one.  It's killed a good chunk of spam to my system.