Subject: Re: NetBSD BoF [was Re: AdvanSys board support]
To: None <shmit@kublai.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1998 10:40:47
On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 02:34:46 -0400
 Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com> wrote:

 > [current CCd, please direct all follow-ups there]

Should be current-users... I've fixed that :-)

 > On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 03:03:30PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
 > > Private mail is fine, or tech-kern@netbsd.org.  Note that I'm going on
 > > travel soon, however (leaving Friday ... personal trip over the weekend,
 > > and USENIX all next week).
 >
 > Anyone know if there's going to be a NetBSD BoF at Usenix this year?

When we attempted to schedule a BoF session, we were told by the USENIX
people that it wasn't necessary since we already have a 1.5 hour presentation
at the FREENIX track... then when we looked at what BoF time slices were
left available, we punted on the "informal BoF" thing, assuming that folks
would rather be out enjoying New Orleans :-)

So, if you're interested in hearing NetBSD topics at USENIX, here are
sessions you can attend:

	Wednesday, 11am, FREENIX track - A Machine-Independent DMA
	Framework for NetBSD

	Wednesday, 2pm, FREENIX track - The NetBSD Operating System

Both are being presented by me.  At the NetBSD session, I'll be presenting
a set of slides that provice an introduction to NetBSD (for those who don't
already know about us), and describe some of our current projects and future
directions, and then take questions.  So, all you NetBSD'ers out there should
come to this!  Let's pack the room!  :-)

Watch netbsd-announce - I'll be posting a message there today about USENIX
presentations that will or may have NetBSD-related material.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939