Subject: Re: renice oddity
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/1998 20:39:36
>>> % renice +6 -p9748
>> [...]
> I would submit that if the space matters, the option parser in renice
> is broken; "-p449" should equal "-p 449"

Matter of opinion.  I'd prefer that -p449 either draw complaints about
-4 and -9 being unrecognized switches or a complaint about about -p449
being an unrecognized switch - or that that be the *only* way to use -p
to specify a process ID.  I really dislike switches that sometimes take
the rest of their argv entry as their argument and sometimes the next
argv entry, depending (usually, on whether the former is zero-length).
I can live with either, but trying to do both at once is, in my
opinion, bordering on broken.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca