Subject: Re: Fortran problem
To: None <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/1998 13:02:55
> I have just encountered an odd fortran problem. The program works fine
> under osf1, and the point where it all goes horribly wrong seems too
> simple to have an error. Where does one take up problems that seem to
> be related to g77?

>       subroutine htribk(nm,n,ar,ai,tau,m,zr,zi)
>       integer i,j,k,l,m,n,nm
>       double precision ar(nm,n),ai(nm,n),tau(2,n),zr(nm,m),zi(nm,m)

I would double-check the allocation of arrays and the arguments passed
into the subroutine. If OSF1 compiler allocated the arrays statically,
you may access some static data beyond the array and get no error.
If g77 allocates them on stack, writing beyond the array boundary may
as well change the indeces, which are also somewhere on stack.

	Taras Ivanenko.