Subject: Re: Generic sendmail replacement proposal
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1998 21:28:20
In article <6knbi4$lk2$1@lotharon.endicor.com>,
Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com> wrote:
> - At least until/if the 8.9.0 issues are involved, create a 8.9.0 package
>   that depends on relace-sendmail and installs exactly where 8.8.8
>   currently installs

I've done a rouggh pass at this part, which is available at
ftp://ftp.endicor.com/pub/netbsd/sm890.tar.gz.

It uses a BSD style build process so it installs much like the in-tree
version. Since the other parts aren't done yet, it just clobbers
whatever sendmail is already installed, and removing the package leaves
you no sendmail at all.

Someone broght up the issue of what happens when the OS is upgraded. I
guess sysinst would have to know about this too (pergaps just refusing
to update base until replace-rendmail is removed).