Subject: Re: New ide system step 2 (with DMA !)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1998 19:44:45
At 01:16 PM 5/29/98 , Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>Hi,
>I've uploaded a new version of the ide system.
>It's still in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/incoming/bouyer/newide.tar.gz (I've
>renamed the old version).
>This file has to be extracted in /usr/src/sys. It contains a buch of
>new files, and a patch file (apply with 'patch -p < ide.diff').

Works fine a PPro200 (82371SB) but loses on my laptop (ISA/VLbus IDE;
fails to mount root) and under NetBSD/alpha on a PC164SX (panic when
mounting root trying to load a map that has never been created).
[Also has compilation problems under NetBSD/alpha.]

Given the above it makes me quite nervous about the stability of these
patches.

Nashua, NH                Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message