Subject: Re: Sendmail and licensing
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1998 14:16:04
On Fri, 29 May 1998, Ted Lemon wrote:

: In any case, I think we should start thinking about making Sendmail a
: package and coming up with an alternate solution.   Sendmail is an
: evil beast, and we would be better off without it, if only there were
: a viable alternative.   Unfortunatley, I don't consider qmail, MMDF or
: that mailer Erik mentioned to be much of an improvement.   Sigh.

`idea':

Ship a local-only mail delivery agent with Sendmail-compatible command line
interface (I'd be willing to help make one).  For SMTP connectivity, use one
of the pkgs (whether it be sendmail, exim, zmailer, ...).