Subject: Re: mysql DBD problems
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/1998 13:42:58
Christoph Badura wrote:
> blymn@baea.com.au (Brett Lymn) writes:
>
> >/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_stty" in perl:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-netbsd/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so
>
> >I _think_ that this is because the dynamic linker cannot resolve
> >libraries depending on other libraries.  I am wondering if anyone has
> >a fix for this?  I know about linking the dbd libraries into perl
> >itself but that will be complicated for me when I try to use
> >mod_perl.  Any suggestions?
>
> Or maybe it isn't linked against -lcompat.  Why is it trying to call stty()
> anyway?

There is a code for "secred" reading password from terminal in mySQL
client library. In source, there is some code for termio-based
systems and code using gtty() and stty() for the others.
NetBSD is certainly the latter.

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?