Subject: Re: Bt848 (video capture) driver
To: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <toshii@alles.or.jp>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/1998 09:18:04
IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:

> I ported FreeBSD's Bt848 video capture card driver to NetBSD/i386.
> Though the test is done only on a PentiumPro machine, it seems to work
> fine.
>
> Current problems include:
> - Lacks enough test.
> - Will not compile on other than i386.
> - I have no idea whether/how to merge this driver into -current.

Well, I have the beginning of a machine independent video subsystem.
The design is capable of supporting DVD, streaming video
capture, grabbing, video overlay, video output production, TV tuning,
real-time compression and decompression.  It is similar to the MI audio
driver and they work well together.

I have a driver for the creative video blaster card, (including audio) and
detection routines to the complete creative line.  Getting a SunVideo working
would be good.

I'm strapped for time, so if others wish to have a hack at it, just drop me
a note.  Actually, I would prefer to offload some of this project, since I
don't have enough hardware (or time).

Regards,
Greg