Subject: Re: Problem with KDE package
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1998 18:59:49
Hi,

On 15 May 1998, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.980514204935.4346A-100000@bongo>,
> 	Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net> writes:
> > I grabbed the pkgsrc and all ther distfiles for kde this morning, so they
> > should be rather up to date.
>
> That's exactly the problem. I suppose you just untared "pkgsrc.tar.gz"
> without deleting the "/usr/pkgsrc" before.

Umm, if I do a 'rm -R /usr/pkgsrc' then I lose all record of what packages
I have added.  In other words, doing a 'pkg-info' no longer works.

The exact comamnd I used to untar the pkgsrc.tar.gz was

   tar --unlink -zxvpf pkgsrc.tar.gz

This should first delete any old Makefiles and overwrite them with the
new ones.

> > ===>  Patching for kdelibs-4.1b
> > ===>  Applying NetBSD patches for kdelibs-4.1b
> > File to patch:
> >
> > And it sits there forever.  If I hit the return key, I get:
> >
> > No file found--skip this patch? [n] y
> > 1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to khtmlw/gif.cpp.rej
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
>
> "kdelibs" has NO patches at all. So if you have some your sources are
> invalid, see above.
>
> --
> Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net