Subject: How do I get an Imake.tmpl file?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/1998 10:51:30
I tried to install xlockmore (from the pkgsrc tree).  It depends
on xpm.  But xpm won't build because there's no Imake.tmpl file.

	/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xpm bash> make
	>> Checksum OK for xpm-3.4j.tar.gz.
	===>  Configuring for xpm-3.4j
	mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
	imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
	Imakefile.c:8: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
	imake: Exit code 33.
	  Stop.
	*** Error code 1

I get the impression from various man pages and FAQs that I need to
make my own Imake.tmpl file, but I have no idea how to do that.  Where
should I look for instructions that are easy to follow?

(NetBSD-currrent/i386, pkgsrc as of a week or so ago, XFree86-3.2.2
installed from binary tarballs obtained from ftp.xfree86.org).

--apb (Alan Barrett)