Subject: Re: calendar diffs, et. al.
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1998 12:35:06
Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> confusing when someone *wants* brackets in their entry. It would be fairly
> easy to add a method to calculate year offsets to that...

Hmmm... I want the year as a match item, not as a offset calculation.
ie, I want 04/12/1998 to only print in 1998. This is needed for my
roving holiday calendar generator (see below)...

> 05/11 +8	Random Date
> 05/11	Another random day, sans lookahead skew
> 05/22 +15/1980	Erica's Birthday!

Can we change the year to mean "only print in this year"), and come up
with a different syntax for the above? Maybe use '>' as "years since"?

Example:

05/22 +15 >1980		Erica's Birthday!
04/12/1998	Easter Sunday
04/04/1999	Easter Sunday

> I'll get working on it quite soon... Either tonight or tomorrow morning,
> I expect.

Great.  I made a pretty good start on a generator as mentioned.  I
really need to get some actual work done right now, but I can
finish off generation of calendar.usholiday and calendar.christian by
tonight. I haven't looked deeply into calendar.judaic yet.

I'll look at the IETF stuff, too...