Subject: Re: dynamic loading & shared libs ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1998 09:34:15
On May 12,  5:12pm, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Matt Thomas wrote:
> > >
> > >Dynamic loading is available on all but Alpha & mips & PowerPC,
> > >shared libs are not on PowerPC (yet). Is this right ?
> > >
> > >Why dynamic loading doesn't work on alpha & mips ? I recall someone
> > >saying dynamic loading on alpha & mips doesn't work with Perl only
> > >or something like this.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure dynamic loading does work on Alpha (and mips if
> > using the new ld.elf_so).

  A simple test program I tried was able to dyamically load and execute
on the mips using ld.elf_so.  I have not tried perl or other programs,
and don't recall any verification that they worked yet.

  The 1.3.2 release should include ld.elf_so for the mips.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant