Subject: Re: HTML documentation and such
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1998 21:05:51
Ty Sarna said:

>Great! Please let me know when you finish converting all the Python
>docs, NTPD docs, GNU info files, etc. to mdoc.

I guess I haven't updated Python in a while. The latest version that
I've got, Python 1.3, has all the docs in TeX, with an included
texi2html script. :-)

>But seriously... I'm not suggesting we switch any existing
>documentation to HTML, but we do need a place to put stuff that's
>already in that format. Furthermore, I'd like to have CGIs that can
>convert man, mdoc, me (for existing /usr/share/doc stuff), info, and
>whatever else to HTML, so that one can easily make all the NetBSD
>documentation avaible via the web in pretty formats.

Maybe man needs to be hacked to figure out the format of doc files and
fire off the appropriate application for viewing. I just don't want to
play 20 questions when it comes to deciding which utility I need to read
the docs for a particular application.

On the other hand, a complete set of NetBSD docs on the web would be
great. Every machine that I own has a copy of Lynx.

--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com