Subject: Re: HTML documentation and such
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1998 18:01:30
At 15:53 -0700 5/6/98, Ty Sarna wrote:

>Furthermore, I'd like to have CGIs that can
>convert man, mdoc, me (for existing /usr/share/doc stuff), info, and
>whatever else to HTML, so that one can easily make all the NetBSD
>documentation avaible via the web in pretty formats.

I have begun work on a perl script that will convert mdoc(7) source to HTML
3.2. I am aware that there are endless man2html converters out there, but
so far as I know, all of them operate on the [nt]roff *output*, which is
wrong - too much semantic information loss.

No estimated time for completion because this is a trickier problem that it
looks at first glance and I'm trying to avoid a complete reimplementation
of [nt]roff. Also, there are some other demands on my time at the moment.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>