Subject: Re: HTML documentation and such
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1998 17:53:37
Rick Kelly wrote:
> Ty Sarna said:
>
> >I'd much prefer just /usr/share/doc/html too, but we need something
> >equivalent under /usr/pkg for that stuff, and since there's already
> >precedent...
>
> Call me old-fashioned, but nroff and man work pretty well for me.
> I see it as a win to have a single standard for documentation.

Great! Please let me know when you finish converting all the Python
docs, NTPD docs, GNU info files, etc. to mdoc.

But seriously... I'm not suggesting we switch any existing
documentation to HTML, but we do need a place to put stuff that's
already in that format. Furthermore, I'd like to have CGIs that can
convert man, mdoc, me (for existing /usr/share/doc stuff), info, and
whatever else to HTML, so that one can easily make all the NetBSD
documentation avaible via the web in pretty formats.