Subject: Re: bug kern/5026
To: Greg Wohletz <greg@lonnie.egr.unlv.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1998 13:15:42
On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 09:56:21AM -0700, Greg Wohletz wrote:
> So the vnode that is pointed to by both fromnd.ni_dvp and fromnd.ni_startdir
> is vrele'ed twice.  Unfortunately I don't really have a good understanding
> of how this code works, so I could be completely off base.  I'm hoping that
> someone who is familiar with this code can shed some light on what is
> going on here.

For lookup operations in the NetBSD NFS server code, ni_startdir
being equal to ni_dvp is the common case, as NFS lookup operations
are one-component only. The exception is the WebNFS case, but you
are not using that. So I don't think that this is the problem here.

It is, however, likely that something like this is causing your problem.
Locks and references to vnodes around lookup operations is hairy
business. I'd guess that there is some error causing an unusual path
through all the if statements and referencing/locking to be taken.

You said you were using quotas; perhaps the error occurs because
a user has reached the quota limit.

- Frank