Subject: Re: Summary (Re: Package system inconsistency...)
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1998 18:01:28
Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> A summary to the list:
>
> I was having a problem with getting some packages to build with a custom
> PREFIX... The solution ended up involving setting "LOCALBASE" instead of
> "PREFIX" in /etc/mk.conf.

Well, as PREFIX is documented and LOCALBASE not, this is probably a bug.
PREFIX is defined as "Where to install things in general Defaults",
so I would expect bsd.pkg.mk to look there for anything.

IMHO something like this should be in bsd.pkg.mk:

.if defined(PREFIX)
LOCALBASE?=     ${PREFIX}
.else
LOCALBASE?=     ${DESTDIR}/usr/pkg
.endif

What's other's opinion ? I'm not confident enough it won't break something,
so I'm waiting for reactions before send-pr'ing it.

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?