Subject: heavy use of mmap() & regex ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/1998 11:14:22
Hi,
I'm about to send change-request to Apache to change default configuration
on NetBSD to something more performant. I've added USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD,
USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD and HAVE_MMAP to src/include/conf.h and
I am considering to add USE_MMAP_FILES.

I recall a discussion some time ago about heavy use of mmap() actually
_decreasing_ performace of reads from mmap()ped files. I don't
remember correctly (I'm no expert in this ;), can someone confirm
(or displace) it ?

Second thing: are (or have been) there any known problems with our
regex ? I'm considering to change default configuration to use
system regex instead of HSREGEX.

Thanks in advance

Jarda
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?