Subject: faxgetty on cyclades ports
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1998 23:09:32
I have a NetBSD/i386 1,3,1 system with an 8 port Cyclades ISA card. I
am running faxgetty from  HylaFAX 4.0p2 on two of the cy ports and one
regular com port.  All three modems are identical USR Sportsters, identically
configured.

The problem is that the termios settings get re-initialized to the "closed"
state on any of the  Cyclades ports whenever the faxgetty fork/execs the
real getty. (It does this after it finds out that the incoming connection is a
data call, not a fax call. ). The initial prompt ("NetBSD/i386 ..... to login: )
is written by getty at the correct settings, but characters typed in response
to the login: prompt are not received properly since to baud rate is now at
9600.

This does NOT happen on the regular com port! The port retains its settings
and the login can proceed normally. It almost looks like the port was closed
and reset even though getty still has it open.

A diff on the cy driver from 1.3.1 to -current only shows changes by  mjacob
and mycroft to support tp->t_wopen, so i suspect the problem is still the
same in current.

Is anyone running a Cyclades board with faxgetty successfully? Any other
suggestions?

--
Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.
andreas@planix.com         Networking, System Administration, Consulting