Subject: Re: I2O
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/1998 13:28:11
There is a way around this.

It is in the interest of hardware vendors to sell as much hardware as possible.

If the combined market for hardware in Linux, and *BSD systems is large
enough, once the pure hardware vendors outnumber the OS vendors, the I2O
SIG rules can be changed by vote to permit publication of the I20
specifications in such a way as to permit independent implementation.

This assumes that the I20 stuff becomes a significant force in the market,
and that we *want* to implement it.

It's simply a small matter of cooperation with the rest of the free OS
software community on this issue. ;-)

	Erik <fair@clock.org>