Subject: Re: Make depend failure in egcs/cc1plus
To: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1998 11:46:01
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Chad Mynhier wrote:

: This happened during a 'make build', so I'm pretty sure the proper
: things have been updated before I get to this point.  My workaround
: is to curse a bit and then either copy parse.c into this directory or
: just 'echo \#define YYEMPTY -1 > parse.c', but I'm sure this isn't the
: appropriate thing to do.

Where are you "copying" parse.c from?  You shouldn't have a parse.c or a
parse.h in src/gnu/dist/gcc/cp/ ... if you do, many bad things can happen.
Delete your src/gnu/dist/gcc directory--completely--and re-sup it.  Do a
"make cleandir" in src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs (to make sure it nukes all of the
.depend files too).  Then rebuild and see if you still get this problem.